First impressions are really important. Especially if it's something like your online presence. If the viewer doesn't happen to like what they see immediately, they probably will never try to take a deeper look at a company. As a result, businesses have now started devoting valuable resources like time and money to make them look as appealing as possible. And here is where we establish the importance of having a good landing page.
Whether you're running a 360-degree marketing campaign of a small social media campaign, the landing page has to be effective and attractive enough. They say in the end, at all comes down to the landing page. If your company lacks an effective and efficient landing page, it can affect almost everything from your social media presence to the way you attract customers and convert leads.
Now, given that let's see how one can make landing pages more interesting:
- Creative landing pages create a great brand recall in the consumer's minds. Even if the viewer doesn't convert, the idea is to create high brand retention value in the minds of the viewers.
- A good landing page doesn't just attract visitors. It's also a one-way ticket that allows you to establish contact with them and detect the level of interest they hold in your company's services or products.
- This can be effectively done by setting up a form that asks readers for their contact information in exchange for a discount or content like whitepapers. Interested consumers will fill out the inquiry form, thus providing valuable data to the sales team to move forward with closing the deal with them.
- Keeping the forms short is a great way to garner more leads on the landing page. Ideally, people are more reluctant to fill out forms that require providing a lot of details and takes more time compared to a form which requires filling minimum details.
- A combination of catchy taglines and phrases can make your landing page a lot more interesting. The look & feel and overall structure of the landing page design definitely has a huge impact on the efficiency of the landing page and how well it can generate leads and drive conversions.
- Having a strong offer displayed on the landing page with a valid explanation as to why the offer is valid is the real key to having a great landing page. Also, the page should sufficiently be able to give out the product/service details.
- Landing pages are not only important because they pose strong chances of allowing you to convert the generated leads quickly, but also because they can reduce the probable bounce rate. Because when the brand is doing a paid campaign, it only gets one click. Therefore redirecting the customer to another page does not seem to be a very optimized scenario given the resources and planning that goes into paid campaigns.
- Last not but least, landing pages maximize the efficiency of the website and also facilitate in gaining more insights about your audience. All of this is possible through closed-loop marketing.
An effective landing page is a very important milestone of a successful online marketing initiative. Your company's offer may be stellar and your PPC ads might be optimized pieces of perfection, but in the absence of a good and suitable landing page, the business is bound to suffer. All in all, your landing page layout needs to be flawless.